IPv6 Operations and Troubleshooting (IP6OTS) is a 5-day course that provides network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise and federal government sectors with the knowledge and skills that are needed to operate, configure, and troubleshoot Cisco IPv6-enabled networks. This course was designed and developed working with the Cisco Federal Team to address and align to the 2025 Federal System IPv6 Mandate.
The course provides the following:
• Overview of IPv6 technologies
• IPv6 design and implementation
• IPv6 operations include: addressing, routing and transitionary methods
• Deployment of IPv6 in enterprise, government and service provider networks
• Case studies useful for deployment scenarios
• Current standards for deploying IPv6 in a single stack or dual stack environment
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
• Describe the factors that led to the development of IPv6 and possible uses of this new IP structure.
• Describe the structure of the IPv6 address format, how IPv6 interacts with data link layer technologies, and how IPv6 is supported in Cisco IOS XE Software.
• Implement IPv6 services and applications.
• Understand the updates to IPv4 routing protocols needed to support IPv6 topologies.
• Understand multicast concepts and IPv6 multicast specifics.
• Evaluate the scenario and desired outcome and identify the best transition mechanism for the situation.
• Describe security issues, how security for IPv6 is different than for IPv4, and emerging practices for IPv6-enabled networks.
• Describe the deployment strategies with cloud providers and emerging technologies.
Instructor did a great job, from experience this subject can be a bit dry to teach but he was able to keep it very engaging and made it much easier to focus.
Excellent presentation skills, subject matter knowledge, and command of the environment.
Instructor was outstanding. Knowledgeable, presented well, and class timing was perfect.
Click here to print this page »
The knowledge and skills that a learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent skillset
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Introduction to IPv6
Module 2: IPv6 Operations
Module 3: IPv6 Services
Module 4: IPv6-Enabled Routing Protocols
Module 5: Troubleshooting IPv6 and IPv6 Protocols
Module 6: IPv6 Multicast Services
Module 7: IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
Module 8: IPv6 Security
Module 9: Deploying IPv6
Module 10: IPv6 Case Studies
Discovery Lab 1: Enabling IPv6 on Hosts
Discovery Lab 2: Using Neighbor Discovery
Discovery Lab 3: Using Prefix Delegation
Discovery Lab 4: Deploy HSRP for IPv6
Discovery Lab 5: Routing with OSPFv3
Discovery Lab 6: Routing with EIGRP
Discovery Lab 7: Routing with BGP and MP-BGP
Discovery Lab 8: Troubleshooting Tickets 1 – 9
Discovery Lab 9: Multicasting
Discovery Lab 10: Configure NAT64 Services
Discovery Lab 11: Configure NAT64 Dynamic Services
Discovery Lab 12: Configure DNS64 Services – Demo
Discovery Lab 13: Configure Advanced ACLs
Discovery Lab 14: Implementing IPsec and IKE
Discovery Lab 15: Troubleshooting Tickets 10 – 12