According to a Cyber Seek report posted in a Business New Daily; “the number of cybersecurity job openings in the U.S. stands at almost 313,735, with nearly 716,000 cybersecurity professionals employed in today's workforce. Projections continue to be robust further out: CSO expects that number to hit 500,000 by 2021, with more than 3 million cybersecurity jobs open worldwide that same year.”
Furthermore, Business News Daily curated a list of their Top 5 InfoSec certifications. Their recommendations were backed by a survey of job board certification requests for posted cybersecurity roles. The CompTIA Security+ certification topped the list as an entry-level accreditation for its wide scope coverage of information security topics. The remaining four certifications were more focused in their skill content.
Why is this important?
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
How do I become a Cybersecurity Analyst?
You can’t just jump into a Cybersecurity Analyst role without the proper knowledge and background! So where does a person start? Depending on your experience, CompTIA offers both foundational and advanced courses that can help prepare you for all levels of your career journey. A well experienced person may choose to start with a more advanced certification, while someone newer to IT may want to build their skills from the beginning. Click on the class links below to see a detailed course syllabus, prerequisite knowledge recommended to attend a class, available class dates and pricing.
- The next step is to build on the technical support skills provided in the CompTIA A+ certification, by developing an understanding of networking infrastructure. A strong networking understanding and real-world Networking Administrator experience is needed before moving into a cybersecurity role. To gain these proficiencies, we recommend the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007)
- The next class begins on September 14-18, 2020.
- CompTIA's Security+ ® (Exam SY0-501): 2019 Update certification is a foundation-level certificate designed for IT administrators with two years' experience whose job role is focused on system security. The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
- Don’t delay! Class starts on September 14-18, 2020.
- Covering more advanced security topics, the CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst (Exam CS0-001) course is designed for IT security analysts, vulnerability analysts, or threat intelligence analysts. CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a cybersecurity environment.
- Join us for the August 31-September 4, 2020 class session.
LRS Education Services is currently helping students earn their certification by offering our bonus CompTIA Bundle with the enrollment of any of our live CompTIA class offerings*.
- Instructor Led-Training (In-class or Virtual Connection options)
- Print and Digital Courseware
- CompTIA Online Prep Tool
- 180-Day Lab Access
- Class Recordings
- After Class Support
- Free Exam Voucher
*Bundles are available through October 2020
*Bundles are available to LRS clients only
How do I enroll?
Join our Instructor-Led Training (ILT) CompTIA training courses with the option of attending in the classroom at one of our LRS Education Services facilities, or by connecting virtually to class from any location.
- Click on the class links above for all available class date and times and course rates.
- Feel free to reach out to me directly for more information or to register in a class.
Click here for a list of all of our Guaranteed to Run Courses, or to search our Online Course Catalog for more training technology/platform options.
Good luck with your continued learning goals and I hope to hear from you soon!
P 309.664.7670 ext. 6302