Microsoft's all-in-one communication and collaboration software is designed to promote video conferencing between meeting rooms and separate locations, implement IM’s, collaborative chats, even provide telephony (PBX) options; all at a lower price point than purchasing separate products for each communication solution.
Advantages of implementing Skype for Business are:
- Its connectivity to any device or O/S.
- Ability to meet with up to 250 people through encrypted video/audio streams.
- Video conferencing features such as recording audio and video calls, polls, whiteboard, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and OneNote integration.
- Video includes automatic cropping and participant face tracking.
- Online storage of 1TB.
Join our LRS Education Services training event to build core knowledge and skills that are required to plan, deploy, configure, and administer a Skype for Business 2015 environment.
The MS20334B - Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 course provides students with knowledge on how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging, conferencing, Persistent Chat, archiving, and monitoring. Students will also learn how to manage and maintain the infrastructure and how to troubleshoot issues that might arise. While the focus is primarily on an on-premise Skype for Business deployment, it does include information on how to integrate an on-premise deployment with Skype for Business Online and how to migrate from previous versions of Lync Server.
It is recommended that all attendees have existing knowledge in the following areas:
- A minimum of two years of experience administering Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with AD DS and DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
- An understanding of data networks and telecommunications standards and components.
This course helps students prepare for Microsoft exam 70-334. LRS Education offers FREE Microsoft exam vouchers when you enroll in any Microsoft Official Curriculum course!
Course topics covered in the MS20334B - Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 course include:
- Designing the Skype For Business 2015 Topology
- Installing and Implementing Skype For Business Server 2015
- Administering Skype For Business Server 2015
- Configuring Users and Clients
- Configuring and Implementing Conferencing
- Implementing Additional Conferencing Options
- Designing and Implementing Monitoring and Archiving
- Deploying External Access
- Implementing Persistent Chat
- Implementing High Availability
- Implementing Disaster Recovery
- Integrating with Skype For Business 2015 Online
- Planning and Implementing an Upgrade to Skype from Lync
LRS Education Services offers an opportunity for students to join in on one of our two class delivery methods:
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT) – We will host 2 guaranteed to run live classes at our Springfield, IL training facility.
• September 17-21
• October 1-5
• For remote students who are not able to join us in the classroom, we have a virtual connection option. This uses our online video and audio feeds to connect and interact with both the instructor as well as the in-class students. For a video on how our Virtual Training option works, click on the link.
- Microsoft On-Demand – Do you need more flexible training hours or dates than what a traditional ILT class will allow for? Microsoft is now offering expert training videos that teach the Microsoft Official Curriculum with access to live, Microsoft Official hands-on labs. The videos and labs are available 24/7 so you can train on YOUR schedule. Students will have 90 days to complete their training course and will be provided with our LRS Education Services extras: Students will have access to instructor support for questions on lecture and labs during class, free Microsoft Official digital courseware that won’t expire after the 90 day class period, and an invitation to join our Technology Community Hub hosted on Facebook where you can ask questions and have conversations with instructors and other community members.
All attending Microsoft Official Course* ILT students will have access to their labs and class recordings for 6 months after class. Click HERE to find out more!
Click here for a list of all of our Guaranteed to Run Courses, or to search our Online Course Catalog.
Feel free to call or email me for more information!
P 309.664.7670 ext. 6302
LRS® Education Services
*Subject to availability