According to the Microsoft Windows Server Team, Windows Server 2016 is the fastest adopted version of Windows Server, ever! What is the best way to brush up on your skills to fully take advantage of the newer features that Windows Server 2016 has to offer?
Join either of our LRS Education Services live classroom or self-paced training platforms to expand your current networking knowledge and develop new skills through our hands-on labs specific to the Windows Server 2016 platform. For those who do not require the fundamentals of networking due to existing knowledge and do not need to spend 3 weeks to review Microsoft’s 3 courses recommended in the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSA – Windows Server 2016 certification path (20740, 20741, 20742); then I would recommend the following course option:
The MS-20743 - Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA: Windows Server 2016 course is targeted towards IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators, with real-world experience working in an enterprise environment. Additionally, students should have obtained the MCSA credential for Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012, or they should have equivalent knowledge. IT professionals who plan to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams might be interested in this course, as preparation for the MCSA exams, which are a prerequisite for the MCSE specialties.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2016.
- Describe storage in Windows Server 2016.
- Implement directory services.
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Describe networking.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement software-defined networking.
- Implement remote access.
- Deploy and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers.
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering by using virtual machines.
LRS Education Services offers an opportunity for students to join in on one of our live classroom options: In-class or Remote.
Instructor-Led Training (ILT) – During our schedule for summer 2018, we will host two available live class dates:
- June 25-29 (Guaranteed to Run) = Our instructor is located in Springfield, IL. Participants may sit in our LRS Springfield or Bloomington, IL facilities, or connect virtually.
- August 27-31 = Our instructor is located in Springfield, IL. Participants may sit in our LRS Springfield or Bloomington, IL facilities, or connect virtually.
For remote students who are not able to join us in the classroom, we have a virtual connection option. This uses our online video and audio feeds to connect and interact with both the instructor as well as the in-class students. For a video on how our Virtual Training option works, click on the link.
Microsoft On-Demand – Do you need more flexible training hours or dates than what a traditional ILT class will allow for? Microsoft offers expert training videos that teach the Microsoft Official Curriculum with access to live, Microsoft Official hands-on labs. The videos and labs are available 24/7 so you can train on YOUR schedule. Students will have 90 days to complete their training course and will be provided with our LRS Education Services extras:
- Email access to instructor support for lecture and lab questions during the course subscription period.
- Free Microsoft Official digital courseware is provided. The digital books won’t expire after the 90-day class period, so make sure to use the highlight and notes features for later reference.
- Invitation to join our Technology Community Hub hosted on Facebook where you can ask questions and have conversations with instructors and other community members.
- Ask about our extended class subscription which doubles lecture and lab access to 180 days, for only $100 more!
All students attending live instructor-led Microsoft Official Courses* will have access to their labs and class recordings for 6 months after class. Click HERE to find out more! LRS Education offers FREE Microsoft exam vouchers when you enroll in any Microsoft Official Curriculum course, whether Live or On Demand!
Feel free to call or email me for more information, discount availability, or how to apply Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)!
For additional helpful Blogs from our staff and instructors, connect with us at our LRS Education Services website. You may also click here for a list of all of our Guaranteed to Run Courses, or to search our Online Course Catalog.