The Microsoft Windows Server 2012 line of training classes continues to top Microsoft’s list as their most popular requested courses. So it’s no surprise that the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification is consistently in the top 5 most sought after certifications available from Microsoft. Join our LRS Education Services training event to build core networking knowledge and develop skills through our hands-on labs specific to the Windows Server 2012 platform.
The MS20410D – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 course maps directly to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012. This is the first of three exams required for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. LRS Education offers FREE Microsoft exam vouchers when you enroll in any Microsoft Official Curriculum course!
Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these three exam preparation courses, the MS20410 course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as: Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V. The goal is to provide an overview of Server 2012 capabilities necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
Whether you are looking to begin your certification track or just need to gain additional knowledge on Windows Server 2012, LRS Education Services offers an opportunity for students to join in on one of our two class delivery methods:
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT) – Through the end of 2016, we will host two available live class dates at our Bloomington, IL training facility:
- October 3-7 (Guaranteed To Run)
- December 12-16
For remote students who are not able to join us in the classroom, we have a virtual connection option. This uses our online video and audio feeds to connect and interact with both the instructor as well as the in-class students. For a video on how our Virtual Training option works, click on the link.
- Microsoft On-Demand – Do you need more flexible training hours or dates than what a traditional ILT class will allow for? Microsoft is now offering expert training videos that teach the Microsoft Official Curriculum with access to live, Microsoft Official hands-on labs. The videos and labs are available 24/7 so you can train on YOUR schedule. Students will have 90 days to complete their training course and will be provided with our LRS Education Services extras: Students will have access to instructor support for questions on lecture and labs during class, free Microsoft Official digital courseware that won’t expire after the 90 day class period, and an invitation to join our Technology Community Hub hosted on Facebook where you can ask questions and have conversations with instructors and other community members.
All attending Microsoft Official Course* ILT students will have access to their labs and class recordings for 6 months after class. Click HERE to find out more!
It is recommended that all attendees have existing knowledge in the following areas:
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Course topics covered in the MS20410D – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 course include:
- Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
- Implementing IPV4
- Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Implementing DNS
- Implementing IPV6
- Implementing Local Storage
- Implementing File and Print Services
- Implementing Group Policy
- Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
Click here for a list of all of our Guaranteed to Run Courses, or to search our Online Course Catalog.
Feel free to call or email me for more information, discount availability, or how to apply Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)!
P 309.664.7670 ext. 6302
LRS® Education Services
*Subject to availability