We are all still waiting for the return of business as usual. During this interruption, you can harness the power of time by updating your cybersecurity skills to help with your recovery plans.
The CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst course is designed for IT security analysts, vulnerability analysts, or threat intelligence analysts. CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a cybersecurity environment.
- CompTIA CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice questions.
- CySA+ focuses on the candidates ability to not only proactively capture, monitor, and respond to network traffic findings, but also emphasizes software and application security, automation, threat hunting, and IT regulatory compliance, which affects the daily work of security analysts.
- CySA+ covers the most up-to-date core security analyst skills and upcoming job skills used by threat intelligence analysts, application security analysts, compliance analysts, incident responders/handlers, and threat hunters, bringing new techniques for combating threats inside and outside of the Security Operations Center (SOC).
- CompTIA CySA+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8140 (previously 8570) requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the structure of an accredited program.
In addition, by completing your CySA+ certification exam, the following previously earned certifications are fully renewed: PenTest+, Security+, Network+, A+.
If you are ready for live instructor insight, join our Guaranteed to Run CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst training event June 1 – 5, 2020 using our virtual training platform and build the following security analyst skills:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization.
- Configure and use threat-detection tools.
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.
It is recommended that all attendees have existing knowledge in the following areas:
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, switches, routers).
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools.
- Identify network attack strategies and defenses.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Identify network- and host-based security technologies and practices.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
Course topics covered in the CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst course include:
Module 1 / Threat Management 1
- Cybersecurity Roles and Responsibilities
- Frameworks and Security Controls
- Risk Evaluation
- Penetration Testing Processes
- Reconnaissance Techniques
- The Kill Chain
- Open Source Intelligence
- Social Engineering
- Topology Discovery
- Service Discovery
- OS Fingerprinting
Module 2 / Threat Management 2
- Configuring Firewalls
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Configuring IDS
- Malware Threats
- Configuring Anti-virus Software
- Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
- Logging and Analysis
- Packet Capture
- Packet Capture Tools
- Monitoring Tools
- Log Review and SIEM
- SIEM Data Outputs
- SIEM Data Analysis
- Point-in-Time Data Analysis
Module 3 / Vulnerability Management
- Vulnerability Management Requirements
- Asset Inventory
- Data Classification
- Vulnerability Management Processes
- Vulnerability Scanners
- Microsoft Baseline
- Security Analyzer
- Vulnerability Feeds and SCAP
- Configuring Vulnerability Scans
- Vulnerability Scanning Criteria
- Exploit Frameworks
- Remediating Vulnerabilities
- Analyzing Vulnerability Scans
- Remediation and Change Control
- Remediating Host Vulnerabilities
- Remediating Network Vulnerabilities
- Remediating Virtual Infrastructure Vulnerabilities
- Secure Software Development
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Software Vulnerabilities
- Software Security Testing
- Interception Proxies
- Web Application Firewalls
- Source Authenticity
- Reverse Engineering
Module 4 / Cyber Incident Response
- Incident Response Processes
- Threat Classification
- Incident Severity and Prioritization
- Types of Data
- Forensics Tools
- Digital Forensics Investigations
- Documentation and Forms
- Digital Forensics Crime Scene
- Digital Forensics Kits
- Image Acquisition
- Password Cracking
- Analysis Utilities
- Incident Analysis and Recovery
- Analysis and Recovery Frameworks
- Analyzing Network Symptoms
- Analyzing Host Symptoms
- Analyzing Data Exfiltration
- Analyzing Application Symptoms
- Using Sysinternals
- Containment Techniques
- Eradication Techniques
- Validation Techniques
- Corrective Actions
Module 5 / Security Architecture
Secure Network Design
- Network Segmentation
- Blackholes, Sinkholes, and Honeypots
- System Hardening
- Group Policies and MAC
- Endpoint Security
- Managing Identities and Access
- Network Access Control
- Identity Management
- Identity Security Issues
- Identity Repositories
- Context-based Authentication
- Single Sign On and Federations
- Exploiting Identities
- Exploiting Web Browsers and Applications
- Security Frameworks and Policies
- Frameworks and Compliance
- Reviewing Security Architecture
- Procedures and Compensating Controls
- Verifications and Quality Control
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Personnel Policies and Training
Join our Instructor-Led Training (ILT) CySA+ training course scheduled virtually:
- June 1-5, 2020. 8:30am – 4:30pm Central Time.
- Virtual Connection - This class uses our online video and audio feeds to connect and interact with both the instructor as well as the in-class students. For a video on how our LRS LIVE option works, click on the link.
Click here for a list of all of our Guaranteed to Run Courses, or to search our Online Course Catalog for more training options.
Feel free to call or email me for more information or to register!
P 309.664.7670 ext. 6302
LRS Education Services