Microsoft’s version of “the Cloud” varies depending on its functionality. A Private Cloud is using infrastructure as a service. Office 365 is Cloud based software as a service. Windows Azure is an entire platform as a service that ties everything together, and where developers can run their applications.
LRS Education Services offers an opportunity for developers to join in on an upcoming Instructor-Led Training event to build core knowledge on developing web services using the power of Microsoft’s Azure platform.
The MS20487B – Developing Windows Azure and Web Services course provides students with knowledge on how to design and develop services that access local and remote data from various data sources. Students will also learn how to develop and deploy services to hybrid environments, including on-premises servers and Windows Azure.
It is important that all attendees have existing knowledge in the following areas:
- C# programming and concepts such as Lambda expressions, LINQ and anonymous types.
- Understanding the concepts of n-tier applications.
- Experience with querying and manipulating data with ADO.NET.
- Knowledge of XML data structures.
This course helps students prepare for Microsoft exam 70-487. LRS Education offers FREE Microsoft exam vouchers when you enroll in any Microsoft Official Curriculum course!
Course topics covered in the MS20487B – Developing Windows Azure and Web Services course include:
- Service and Cloud Technologies Overview
- Querying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
- Creating and Consuming ASP.NET Web API Services
- Extending and Securing ASP.NET Web API Services
- Creating WCF Services
- Hosting Services
- Windows Azure Service Bus
- Deploying Services
- Windows Azure Storage
- Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Identifying Management and Access Control
- Scaling Services
- Designing and Extending WCF Services
- Implementing Security in WCF Services
Guaranteed to Run: March 28 – April 1, 2016 at our Bloomington, IL training facility. This course is a live instructor-led class using an Azure lab environment.
All attending Microsoft Official Course* students will have access to their labs and class recordings for 6 months after class. Click HERE to find out more!
Click here for a list of all of our Guaranteed to Run Courses, or to search our Online Course Catalog.
Feel free to call or email me for more information!
P 309.664.7670 ext. 6302
LRS® Education Services
*Subject to availability