The Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) v1.0 course prepares you to develop Internet of Things (IoT) applications for Cisco® IoT edge compute and network architecture. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on experience, you will learn to implement and deploy Cisco IOx applications using Cisco Field Network Director and Cisco Kinetic. This course covers designing, deploying, and troubleshooting edge applications, and understanding the use of management tools, so you can control your industrial network and connected devices at scale. This course will prepare you for the 300-915 Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) exam.
This course will help you:
• Use network programmability and automation to streamline applications to reduce data size and complexity and strengthen security protocols.
• Gain hands-on experience in maximizing MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) protocol for lower power usage, faster data transmission, and more agility in device usage.
• Prepare for the 300-915 DEVIOT exam
Instructor did a great job, from experience this subject can be a bit dry to teach but he was able to keep it very engaging and made it much easier to focus.
Excellent presentation skills, subject matter knowledge, and command of the environment.
Instructor was outstanding. Knowledgeable, presented well, and class timing was perfect.
Click here to print this page »
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- General software development or coding skills
- Basic functional and object-oriented programming skills
- Basic understanding of where applications live and how they are deployed in real-world scenarios
- Basic understanding of how networking works
- Basic Linux OS skills: installing code language dependencies, installing code libraries, and general scripting
- Understanding of how to store code using git or another version control system (VCS)
Detailed Class Syllabus
Defining Cisco IoT
Describe Cisco IoT and the motivations behind it, as well common standards and protocols used in IoT and
IoT Networking and Other Devices
List common devices used with Cisco IoT
Examining IoT Protocols
List the common protocols used with IoT
Examining IoT Standards
Describe Cisco IoT common standards and protocols used in Cisco IoT
Recognizing Cisco IoT Needs and Solutions
Describe the fundamentals of Cisco IoT operations
Using Programmability with Cisco IoT
Explain how programmability can be used to automate and make operations, deployment, and support of
Describing Cisco IoT Applications
Describe common Cisco IoT applications and how they apply to Cisco IoT use cases
Defining Cisco Security Applications
Describe Cisco security applications that form a foundation for Cisco IOT security design considerations