This course teaches developers and IT professionals the skills necessary to design and architect complex solutions for the Microsoft Azure platform. The course focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of various Azure services and why solutions are recommended or used in various scenarios. At the end of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to make recommendations to colleagues on design and services used in overall Azure solutions.
Click here to print this page »
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Create resources and resource group in Azure.
- Manage users, groups, and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Build an Azure Virtual Machine with related resources.
- Manage containers and blobs stored in an Azure Storage account.
- Create App Service Plans and manage apps related to the plan.
- Configure an Azure Virtual Network and enable S2S and P2S connectivity.
- Protect networked application components using Network Security Groups.
- Automate everyday Azure resource tasks using Azure CLI or Azure PowerShell.
- Deploy an Azure SQL, MySQL, Postgres or Cosmos database instance.
- Monitor existing Azure solutions using built-in metrics, Application Insights, or Operational Insights.
Monitor existing Azure solutions using built-in metrics, Application Insights, or Operational Insights.
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Application Architecture Patterns in Azure
Module 2: Deploying Resources with Azure Resource Manager
Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
Module 3: Building Azure IaaS-Based Server Applications
Module 4: Creating Managed Server Applications in Azure
Infrastructure-Backed Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
High-Performance Compute (HPC)
Module 5: Authoring Serverless Applications in Azure
Azure Web App
Module 6: Backing Azure Solutions with Azure Storage
Module 7: Comparing Database Options in Azure
Azure Cosmos DB
Module 8: Networking Azure Application Components
Module 9: Managing Security and Identity for Azure Solutions
Application Security Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
Azure AD Application Integration
Module 10: Integrating SaaS Services Available on the Azure Platform
Module 11: Integrating Azure Solution Components using Messaging Services
Module 12: Monitoring and Automating Azure Solutions