This is a three-day Instructor Led Training (ILT) course that describes mobile device management (MDM) technologies and the integration of various online cloud services with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. This course focuses on both hybrid MDM using Microsoft Intune, and the on-premises MDM scenario. This course also covers integration with online services such as Microsoft Store for Business, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Azure.
Click here to print this page »
Before attending this course, students must have system administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of PKI security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
- Basic understanding of management tasks using Configuration Manager.
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Extending the Configuration Manager infrastructure to support Internet-based and mobile devicesc
Managing a mobile and distributed workforce
Integrating Configuration Manager with cloud services and Internet-based management solutions
PKI requirements to support the Internet and MDM
Expanding content availability by using cloud-based distribution points
Module 2: Managing clients on the Internet
Methods for managing Internet-based clients
Planning and implementing Internet-based client management
Planning and implementing Cloud Management Gateway
Module 3: Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
Overview of Microsoft Store for Business
Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
Module 4: Managing Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager
Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
Deploying Office 365 client applications by using Configuration Manager
Managing and updating an Office 365 client deploymentProPlus
Module 5: Mobile device management by using Configuration Manager
Overview of mobile device management
Configuring the Exchange Server connector for mobile device management
Module 6: Hybrid MDM with Configuration Manager and Intune
Planning and preparing for hybrid MDM
Configuring hybrid MDM with Configuration Manager and Intune
Module 7: Device platform enrollment by using Configuration Manager MDM
Enrolling Windows devices into MDM
Enrolling Android devices into MDM
Enrolling iOS devices into MDM
Managing mobile devices in Configuration Manager
Module 8: On-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager
Overview of oOn-premises mobile device management
Configuring oOn-premises MDM by using Configuration Manager