This course is an introduction to the Microsoft® Office 365™ (with Skype® for Business) in a cloud-based environment. It can be used as an orientation to the full suite of Office 365 cloud-based tools, or the Skype for Business lessons can be presented separately in a seminar-length presentation with the remaining material available for later student reference.
Using Office 365, users can easily communicate with each other through Microsoft® Outlook® mail and Skype for Business instant messaging and online meetings. Additionally, the Microsoft® SharePoint® Team Site provides a central location for accessing and modifying shared documents. The Office Web Apps enable users to perform basic tasks, such as opening, editing, printing, and saving documents without requiring an installation of the full desktop version of Microsoft® Office 2013 or Office 2016 on a local computer.
Instructor did a great job, from experience this subject can be a bit dry to teach but he was able to keep it very engaging and made it much easier to focus.
Excellent presentation skills, subject matter knowledge, and command of the environment.
Instructor was outstanding. Knowledgeable, presented well, and class timing was perfect.
Click here to print this page »
To ensure your success, you will need competence in at least one of the primary applications in the 2010, 2013, or 2016 edition of the Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® PowerPoint®, and/or Microsoft® Excel®), and competence in using the locally installed version of Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016 for email and calendaring. To meet these prerequisites, you can take any one or more of the following courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 or Using Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Microsoft® Windows® 8.1: Transition from Windows® 7 or Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
- Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Word 2013: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Word 2016: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Excel® 2013: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2013: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2016: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2010: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2013: Part 1 or Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2016: Part 1
Detailed Class Syllabus
Lesson 1: Getting Started
Topic A: Sign In to Office 365
Topic B: Explore the Office 365 Environment
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
Topic A: Work with Shared Documents on the Team Site
Topic B: Edit Documents in Web Apps
Topic C: Collaborate on the SharePoint Team Site
Topic D: Work with My Site
Lesson 3: Using the Outlook Web Apps
Topic A: Use the Email Web App
Topic B: Manage Contacts
Topic C: Use the Calendar Web App
Topic D: Personalize Your Outlook Web Apps
Lesson 4: Communicating with Skype for Business
Topic A: Overview of Skype for Business
Topic B: Use IM
Topic C: Make Phone and Video Calls
Lesson 5: Using Skype for Business Meetings
Topic A: Initiate Meetings
Topic B: Use Meeting Controls and Options
Topic C: Customize Skype for Business
Lesson 6: Interacting with Mobile Devices
Topic A: Use Office 365 on Your Windows Tablet
Topic B: Access Office 365 Email with Your Smartphone
Topic C: Access Office 365 Documents from a Mobile Device