This course is for candidates who are experienced in designing, programming, implementing, automating, and monitoring application solutions who want to expand their skills to Microsoft Azure. Candidates are also proficient with development tools, techniques, and approaches used to build scalable and resilient solutions. This course covers topics in exam 532. Typical job titles are: Solution architect, DevOps engineer, QA engineer.
*This course utilizes higher hosting resources for online labs and therefore, post-class access is limited to 30 days.
Click here to print this page »
Before attending this course, students must be able to:
- Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
- Configure and deploy web applications.
- Create Azure WebSites using the gallery.
- Deploying and monitoring Azure WebSites.
- Create and configure Azure Virtual Machines.
- Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines.
- Deploy existing Cloud Service packages.
- Create and manage a Storage account.
- Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account.
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance.
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database.
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Create a virtual network.
- Implement a point to site network.
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Overview of the Microsoft Azure Platform
Module 2: Building Application Infrastructure in Azure
Constructing Azure Virtual Machines
Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
Migrating Azure Virtual Machine Instances
Highly Available Azure Virtual Machines
Virtual Machine Configuration Management
Customizing Azure Virtual Machine Networking
Module 3: Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform
Azure Web Apps
Hosting Web Applications in Azure
Configuring an Azure Web App
Publishing an Azure Web App
Module 4: Storing SQL Data in Azure
Storing SQL Data in Azure
Managing SQL Databases in Azure
Azure SQL Database Tools
Securing and Recovering an Azure SQL Database Instance
Module 5: Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency
Application Design Practices for Highly Available Applications
Building High Performance Applications by Using ASP.NET
Common Cloud Application Patterns
Caching Application Data
Module 6: Storing Tabular Data in Azure
Azure Storage Overview
Azure Storage Tables Overview
Table Entity Transactions
Module 7: Storing and Consuming Files from Azure Storage
Controlling Access to Storage Blobs and Containers
Configuring Azure Storage Accounts
Module 8: Designing a Communication Strategy by Using Queues and Service Bus
Azure Storage Queues
Azure Service Bus
Azure Service Bus Queues
Azure Service Bus Relay
Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
Module 9: Automating Integration with Azure Resources
Azure SDK Client Libraries
Scripting Azure Service Management by Using Windows
Azure REST Interface
Azure Resource Manager
Module 10: Securing Azure Web Applications
Azure Active Directory
Azure AD Directories
Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication