Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage source control management, a configurable build process, tools that aid in test driven development, and process workflow all integrated directly into Visual Studio 2008. By the end of the course, developers are equipped to use test-driven techniques and proven software processes to create high-quality software with a minimal change in overall effort.
Click here to print this page »
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience and familiarity with process methodologies such as Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF).
- Familiarity with diagramming implementations, High-level database design, Distributed systems design, Business requirements analysis.
- Experience in using source code versioning control tools, bug reporting, tracking, analysis tools, and possibly a unit testing suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
- Experience in using source code versioning control tools, bug reporting, tracking, analysis tools, and possibly a unit testing suite. They should have experience with Visual Studio 2003 or Visual Studio 2005 and some knowledge of Visual Basic .NET or Visual C# code.
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Overview of Application Lifecycle Management
Introduction to Application Lifecycle Management
Introduction to Team Development Features in Visual Studio Team System 2008
Introduction to ALM Scenarios Supported by Visual Studio Team System
Module 2: Using Visual Studio Team System in a Team
Introduction to Visual Studio Team System Architecture
Using Visual Studio Team System in a Team
Module 3: Overview of Project Management
Overview of Microsoft Solution Framework (MSF)
Overview of Project Planning
Overview of Process Guidance
Overview of Process Customization
Overview of Work Items
Overview of Project Portal
Module 4: Designing and Developing a Software Solution in Visual Studio Team System
Designing a Solution
Using Database Design Tools
Developing a Solution
Module 5: Introduction to Version Control in Parallel Development
Overview of MSBuild architecture
Customizing Team Build
Integrating Testing in Visual Studio Team System
Module 6: Introduction to Version Control in Parallel Development
Introduction to Version Control Locking Models
Overview of Branching, Differencing and Merging
Module 7: Introduction to Advance Analyzing Tasks
Overview of Performance Analysis Tools
Overview of Code Analysis Tools
Overview of Unit Testing
Overview of Performance Profiling Tools
Module 8: Overview of Testing in Visual Studio Team System
Overview of Developing Web Tests
Overview of Running Web Tests
Overview of Developing Load Tests
Overview of Interpreting Test Results
Overview of Test Case Development