Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This one-day instructor-led course provides messaging specialists with the knowledge and skills to manage messaging security and policies. Students will learn how to manage messaging and connection security. They will also learn how to manage spam, anti-virus, and content filtering. And finally they will learn how to install and configure a gateway server.
Click here to print this page »
- This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
• Working knowledge of malware. For example, approaches to scanning for viruses (client-based, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)-based, Exchange-based), methods that worms use to propagate, basic concepts of spam, phishing schemes, and unwelcome message content.
• Conceptual understanding of firewalls. For example, how SMTP messages are allowed through a firewall.
• Working knowledge of how Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is managed in the directory.
• Experience using these tools and applications:
• NTBackup command.
• NSLookup command.
• Windows Explorer
• Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
• Active Directory Users and Computers
• Active Directory Sites and Services
• Internet Information Services (IIS) Admin
• Working knowledge of Windows server operating system. For example, how storage is configured, basic backup and restore techniques, and what a client/server application interaction me
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Maintaining Antivirus and Anti-spam Systems
After completing this module, students will be able to maintain antivirus and anti-spam systems.
Introduction to Antivirus and Anti-Spam Management
Implementing Anti-spam Features
Implementing Antivirus Features
Lab: Maintaining Antivirus and Anti-Spam Systems
Reviewing the Contents of the Spam Quarantine
Discussion: Modifying Spam and Antivirus Settings
Modifying Spam and Antivirus Settings
Module 2: Configuring Edge Transport Servers
After completing this module, students will be able to configure edge transport servers.
Deploying Edge Transport Servers
Configuring Internet Message Delivery
Configuring Security for Internet E-Mail
Lab: Configuring Edge Transport Servers
Configuring SMTP Connectors to Secure SMTP E-Mail
Implementing Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)
Module 3: Implementing Messaging Policies
After completing this module, students will be able to implement transport rules.
Introducing Messaging Policy and Compliance
Implementing Messaging Records Management
Implementing Transport Rules
Lab: Implementing Messaging Policies
Configuring Managed E-Mail Folders
Managing Transport Rules