This 3-day instructor-led course covers a range of components, including Azure Compute, Azure Storage, and network services that customers can benefit from when deploying hybrid solutions. In this context, the term hybrid means integrating infrastructure technologies that customers host in on-premises datacenters with Azure IaaS and PaaS services. This course offers an overview of these services, providing the knowledge necessary to design hybrid solutions properly. It also includes a number of demonstrations and labs that enable students to develop hands-on skills that are necessary when implementing such solutions.
Click here to print this page »
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- An understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), VPNs, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- An understanding of web applications, including creating, configuring, monitoring, and deploying web applications on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- An understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, the Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Windows PowerShell command-line interface basics.
- Knowledge of cloud computing basics.
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft Azure
Overview of cloud computing and Azure
Overview of the Azure deployment models
Module 2: Integrating with Azure Compute services
Overview of Azure virtual machines and Azure cloud services
Migrating workloads to Azure virtual machines by using virtual machine images and disks
Extending HPC workloads to Azure
Integrating compute workloads by using containers and Azure Service Fabric
Module 3: Integrating with Microsoft Azure virtual networks
Overview of Azure Virtual Network Service
Extending on-premises networks to Azure
Module 4: Integrating with Azure Storage and data services
? Overview of Azure Storage and data services
Implementing Azure Backup for on-premises workloads
Module 5: Designing and implementing Azure Site Recovery solutions
Overview of Site Recovery
Planning for Site Recovery
Implementing Site Recovery with Azure as the disaster recovery site
Module 6: Designing and implementing cross-premises applications
Overview of cross-premises application capabilities and their design considerations
Implementing cross-premises solutions for desktop, web, and mobile apps
Module 7: Integrating operations and application monitoring and management
Overview of the cross-premises monitoring and management capabilities of Microsoft Azure
Implementing cross-premises Azure monitoring and management solutions