This course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization technologies, and applications. The students typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure. This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
*This course utilizes higher hosting resources for online labs and therefore, post-class access is limited to 30 days.
Click here to print this page »
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks (VHDs).
- Understanding of network configuration, including: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites, including: how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including: domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of database concepts, including: tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas.
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Introduction to Azure
Cloud technology overview
Overview of Azure
Managing Azure with the Azure portal
Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
Overview of Azure Resource Manager
Azure management services
Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
Overview of Azure networking
Implementing and managing Azure virtual networks
Configuring Azure virtual networks
Configuring Azure virtual network connectivity
Overview of Azure networking in an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) version 1 (v1)
Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
Overview of IaaS v2 virtual machines
Planning for Azure virtual machines
Deploying Azure IaaS v2 virtual machines
Authoring Azure Resource Manager templates
Overview of IaaS v1 virtual machines
Module 4: Managing virtual machines
Configuring virtual machines
Configuring virtual machine disks
Managing and monitoring Azure virtual machines
Managing IaaS v1 virtual machines
Module 5: Implementing Azure App services
Introduction to App Service
Planning app deployment in App Service
Implementing and maintaining web apps
Configuring web apps
Monitoring web apps and WebJobs
Implementing mobile apps
Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
Implementing and managing storage
Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
Implementing Azure Backup
Planning for and implementing Azure Site Recovery
Module 7: Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
Planning and deploying Azure SQL Database
Implementing and managing Azure SQL Database
Managing Azure SQL Database security
Monitoring Azure SQL Database
Managing Azure SQL Database business continuity
Module 8: Implementing PaaS cloud services
Planning and deploying PaaS cloud services
Managing and maintaiing cloud services
Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
Creating and managing Azure AD tenants
Configuring application and resource access with Azure AD
Overview of Azure AD Premium
Module 10: Managing Active Directory in a hybrid environment
Extending on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
Implementing directory synchronization by usig Azure AD Connect
Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and automation
Implementing Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
Implementing Azure Automation
Implementing Automation runbooks
Managing Azur Automation