This five-day course examines how to plan, configure, and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. Special areas of focus include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, Business Connectivity Services, social computing features, productivity and collaboration platforms and features, business intelligence solutions, enterprise content management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. The course also examines how to optimize the Search experience, how to develop and implement a governance plan, and how to perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013.
Click here to print this page »
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed Course 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, successful completion of Exam 70-331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint 2013, or equivalent skills.
- At least one year’s experience of mapping business requirements to logical and physical technical design.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Experience managing software in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deployed and managed applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administered Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configured Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managed an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connected applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implemented Claims-based security.
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Understanding Architecture in SharePoint Server 2013
Core Components of the SharePoint 2013 Architecture
New Features in SharePoint Server 2013
SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint Online Editions
Module 2: Designing for Business Continuity Management
Designing Database Topologies for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Designing SharePoint Infrastructure for High Availability
Planning for Disaster Recovery
Module 3: Test the Backup and Restore Process
Planning Service Applications
Designing and Configuring a Service Application Topology
Configuring Service Application Federation
Module 4: Configuring and Managing Business Connectivity Services
Planning and Configuring Business Connectivity Services
Configuring the Secure Store Service
Managing Business Data Connectivity Models
Module 5: Connecting People
Managing User Profiles
Enabling Social Interaction
Module 6: Enabling Productivity and Collaboration
Planning and Configuring Collaboration Features
Planning and Configuring Composites
Module 7: Planning and Configuring Business intelligence
Planning for Business Intelligence
Planning, Deploying and Managing Business Intelligence Services
Planning and Configuring Advanced Analysis Tools
Module 8: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Search
Configuring Search for an Enterprise Environment
Configuring the Search Experience
Module 9: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Content Management
Planning Content Management
Planning and Configuring eDiscovery
Planning Records Management
Module 10: Planning and Configuring Web Content Management
Planning and Implementing a Web Content Management Infrastructure
Configuring Managed Navigation and Catalog Sites
Supporting Multiple Languages and Locales
Enabling Design and Customization
Supporting Mobile Users
Module 11: Managing Solutions in SharePoint Server 2013
Understanding the SharePoint Solution Architecture
Managing Sandbox Solutions
Module 12: Managing Apps for SharePoint Server 2013
Understanding the SharePoint App Architecture
Provisioning and Managing Apps and App Catalogs
Module 13: Developing a Governance Plan
Introduction to Governance Planning
Key Elements of a Governance Plan
Planning for Governance in SharePoint Server 2013
Implementing Governance in SharePoint 2013
Module 14: Upgrading and Migrating to SharePoint Server 2013
Preparing Upgrade or Migration Environment
Performing the Upgrade Process
Managing Site Collection Upgrade