This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
Click here to print this page »
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or other third-party reporting products, such as Crystal Reports.
- Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping)
- Experience creating service accounts and permissions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables.
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
Lesson 1: Overview of SQL Server Reporting Services
Lesson 2: Installing Reporting Services
Lesson 3: Reporting Services Tools
Module 2: Authoring Basic Reports
Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Table Report
Lesson 2: Formatting Report Pages
Lesson 3: Calculating Values
Module 3: Enhancing Basic Reports
Lesson 1: Interactive Navigation
Lesson 2: Displaying Data
Module 4: Manipulating Data Sets
Lesson 1: Defining Report Data
Lesson 2: Using Parameters and Filters
Lesson 3: Using Parameter Lists
Module 5: Using Report Models
Lesson 1: Creating Report Models
Lesson 2: Using Report Builder
Module 6: Publishing and Executing Reports
Lesson 1: Publishing Reports
Lesson 2: Executing Reports
Lesson 3: Creating Cached Instances
Lesson 4: Creating Snapshots and Report History
Module 7: Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
Lesson 1: Introduction to Report Subscriptions
Lesson 2: Creating Report Subscriptions
Lesson 3: Managing Report Subscriptions
Module 8: Administering Reporting Services
Lesson 1: Reporting Server Administration
Lesson 2: Performance and Reliability Monitoring
Lesson 3: Administering Report Server Databases
Lesson 4: Security Administration
Lesson: 5 Upgrading to Reporting Services 2008
Module 9: Programming Reporting Services
Lesson 1: Querying for Server Information Using a Web Service
Lesson 2: Automating Report Management
Lesson 3: Rendering Reports
Lesson 4: Creating Custom Code