Big data and the process of turning raw information into meaningful reporting and visualization has seen huge growth by companies focused on data driven decision making. Just this year alone, many of my enterprise accounts have shown a specific interest on how to better use data for making business decisions based on historical, real-time and predictive analytics. There are many application options to consider for helping to process and organize data through statistical modeling. Some examples are, Excel, Qlik, Tableau and Microsoft Power BI. However, even though many of my clients use a combination of applications, I have seen the most growth in requests for Microsoft Power BI Desktop and Power BI Services.
Microsoft's solution for creating a self-service business intelligence (BI) tool has some great benefits to consider:
- In its basic software format, Power BI Desktop is available at no cost!
- Easy integration with existing applications and Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to connect to hundreds of data sources on-premises and in the cloud, all in one view.
- Using Power BI in the cloud minimizes the need for on-premise infrastructure resources.
- Customizable live dashboards and BI reports can be embedded in your website or other applications such as SharePoint or Excel.
Join our LRS Education Services training events to build core knowledge and skills that are required to obtain self-service decision making data in one of three Microsoft Power BI formats. It is recommended that all attendees have extensive knowledge in Excel functionality, such as formulas, PivotTables, charts, filtering, sorting and sub-totals. If additional Excel skills are required, click on the link to see course options.
1) Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC): The following two technical courses tie into the MCSA BI Reporting certification from Microsoft. Students must pass both the 70-778 and 70-779 exams. LRS Education offers FREE Microsoft exam vouchers when you enroll in any Microsoft Official Curriculum course!
For the MOC classes above, students have the option to join in on one of our two class delivery methods:
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT) – These are live instructor-led classes that can be attended from any location: work, home or one of our LRS Education training facilities in Springfield or Bloomington IL. The instructor will be teaching the content from a remote location but is able to interact and assist with labs for all attendees. Students use our online video and audio feeds to connect and interact with both the instructor as well as other in-class students. For a video on how our Virtual Training option works, click on the link.
- 24/7 Access - For remote students who are not able to join us in the classroom, we have a virtual connection option. This uses Microsoft On-Demand – Do you need more flexible training hours or dates than what a traditional ILT class will allow for? Microsoft is now offering expert training videos that teach the Microsoft Official Curriculum with access to live, Microsoft Official hands-on labs. The videos and labs are available 24/7 so you can train on YOUR schedule. Students will have 90 days to complete their training course and will be provided with our LRS Education Services extras: Students will have access to instructor support for questions on lecture and labs during class, free Microsoft Official digital courseware that won’t expire after the 90 day class period, and an invitation to join our Technology Community Hub hosted on Facebook where you can ask questions and have conversations with instructors and other community members.
2) Power BI using Excel 2016 (locally installed): These classes are designed for Power BI end-users, everyone from non-technical users to Analysts to IT Administrators.
3) Power BI Desktop (cloud version): These cloud-version classes are designed for Power BI end-users, everyone from non-technical users to Analysts to IT Administrators.
The above courses for options 2 and 3 are offered through a virtual instructor-led class setting and can be attended remotely from any location. Please contact me for available dates.
Click here for a list of all of our Guaranteed to Run Courses, or to search our Online Course Catalog.
Feel free to call or email me for more information!
P 309.664.7670 ext. 6302
LRS® Education Services