Are you ready to start looking at HTML5 from a technical/support standpoint? Microsoft Learning has released the following course to market AND it is Microsoft Software Assurance Training Voucher eligible!
MS10953: HTML5-Programming – This three-day instructor-led course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to develop HTML5 web applications using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
Before attending, participants should:
- Have three to six months of development experience in a professional environment.
- Be familiar with the HTML document structure and associated terminology, but are not expected to be expert and do not need to have experience with HTML5.
- Have one to three months experience with HTML and XML.
- Have a general familiarity with the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
Keep in mind that to support all features of HTML5 you need IE10 – but IE9 supports around 65% of HTML5 code. Here is what is not supported:
- Application Cache (offline)
- HTML5 Forms (validation mechanism, CSS3 selectors)
- ForeignObject (embed external content in SVG)
- SMIL Animations (SVG animations)
- File API
- WebGL (3D)
- CSS3 Transitions (for animations)
- CSS3 Text Shadow
- CSS3 Gradients
- CSS3 Border Image
- CSS3 Flex box model
- ClassList APIs
- HTML5 History API
- Drag’n Drop from Desktop
Our first public class for MS10953: HTML5-Programming is scheduled July 9 – 11, 2012. Join us to learn something new!