Windows 8 – Training Now Available!
Windows 8 is designed to work on a wide range of devices, from touch-enabled tablets, to laptops, to desktops and all-in-ones. Windows 8 has been designed to get instant access to your applications and files because you can move between Windows 8 PCs easily and access your files and settings from virtually anywhere.
LRS Education Services is pleased to announce the availability of the MS 20687A Configuring Windows 8 course at our Springfield Education Center December 17 – 21, 2012 at our Springfield Education Facility.
At course completion students will learn:
- The course provides guidance on installing, upgrading, and licensing for Windows 8. Students will learn how to manage storage by creating simple, spanned, and striped volumes, and how to optimize file-system performance.
- Students will work with Windows tools and services to determine the source of performance and reliability issues, and to troubleshoot these issues.
- Students will learn how to configure networking to include IPv4, IPv6, connect to wireless networks, and use the networking features included in Windows 8 to troubleshoot networking issues.
- Students will learn preventive measures and tools that work together to protect their computers from security threats. The course then covers the features related to file and folder management, which include setting permissions, file/folder compression, and configuring shared folders.
- Students will also learn about installing and managing printers. Additionally, the course provides an overview of the SkyDrive functionality, and describes the procedures to install and configure applications, including Windows Store apps.
- Students will also examine the fundamentals of working with virtual machines in the Client Hyper-V environment in Windows 8. Students will learn about features such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and DirectAccess, which provide mobile users access to internal resources when the users are out of the office.
The class is also offered using the LRS Virtual Training Format. Click the hyperlink for a demo on how you can attend this class from any location.