ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. ITIL® provides a cohesive set of best practice, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally.
The ITIL® Foundation course is the entry level certification course for IT Service Management Best Practices training in ITIL®. This course covers the latest version of core ITIL® best practices presented from a lifecycle perspective. The course introduces the principles and core elements of IT service management (ITSM) based on ITIL® 2011 edition. ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement, promoting alignment with the business as well as improving operational efficiency.
Upon completion of the ITIL® Foundation course, students will have “foundational” knowledge of the functions, roles, and processes that span the service lifecycle. Students will be able to correctly:
- Articulate key concepts
- Use common terminology
- Describe overall goals, benefits, activities, and success factors
- Define concepts in Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service operation, and Continual Service Improvement
- Recommend metrics
- Discuss the basic cross-functional dependencies for each
What our previous students are saying about this class:
- Instructor made what could have been a dry topic fascinating and fun! – CIO
- Instructor was fantastic – technically competent, knowledgeable, humor was incorporated, great real life examples. – IT Manager
- Best instructor I’ve had – kept my attention which is hard to do. – IT Staff Member
Join us in our next ITIL® Foundation course scheduled July 7 – 9, 2014 at the LRS Education Services Springfield Facility…it’s GUARANTEED TO RUN!
The ITIL® Foundation exam may be taken at our Springfield or Bloomington, IL Prometric Test Centers. Exam rate is $208.00 USD.
Let me know if you would like more information regarding ITIL® training or if you would like to enroll!