This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
• How to architect and implement a System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group.
• How to upgrade and migrate from an existing Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Group to System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
• Understand the key elements of Management Packs including Object Discoveries, Rules, Monitors, Targeting and Run As Accounts and Run As Profiles. This includes authoring Management Packs.
• How to configure fabric and application monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including both datacenter and cloud resources such as networking, storage and compute.
• How to configure monitoring of .NET and Java based applications using Application Performance Monitoring.
• How to configure end-to-end service monitoring including synthetic transactions and Distributed Application Diagrams.
• How to configure Dashboards, Service Level Tracking Reporting and the SharePoint Web Part to enable visualization of key performance and availability metrics.
• How to customize the Operations Manager Console to meet the needs of different application support teams.
• How to integrate Operations Manager with other System Center 2012 R2 components and extend monitoring to include key business processes and procedures.
• How to troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group and perform disaster recovery procedures such as database and management server recovery.
• How to use new features in System Center 2012 R2 including: Integration with System Center Advisor, Integration with Team Foundation Server, IntelliTrace, and Managing Windows Azure.
Click here to print this page »
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- One or more years’ experience in the design and implementation of System Center Operations 2007 R2 or System Center 2012 Operations Manager is desired.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
Detailed Class Syllabus
Module 1: Overview and Architecture
Overview of Operations Manager
verview of Key Features in Operations Manager
Overview of Core Components and Topology
Addressing Cloud and Datacenter Issues by Using Operations Manager
Planning and Sizing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Module 2: Deploying a new System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group
Overview of Security Considerations
Designing the Management Group
Installing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Configuring Operations Manager Default Settings
Deploying the Operations Manager Agent
Configuring Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM)
Configuring Audit Collection Services
Module 3: Upgrading Operations Manager
Overview Migration and Upgrade Planning
Upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Migrating to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Module 4: Configuring Fabric and Application Monitoring
Introduction to Management Packs
Configuring Network Device Monitoring
Configuring Fabric Monitoring
Configuring Application Monitoring
Module 5: Application Performance Monitoring
Application Performance Monitoring
Team Foundation Server Integration
Module 6: End to End Service Monitoring
Management Pack Templates
Distributed Application Models
Global Service Monitor
Real-time Visio Dashboards
Module 7: Scorecards, Dashboards and Reporting
Configuring and Managing Reporting in Operations Manager
Configuring Service Level Tracking
Configuring the Operations Manager SharePoint WebPart
Configuring Dashboards and Widgets
Creating Custom Dashboards
Module 8: Configuring and Customizing the Console
Security, Scoping and User Roles
Creating Custom Views
Configuring Notification Subscriptions
Creating Diagnostic and Recovery Tasks
Module 9: Management Pack Authoring
Management Packs Authoring Concepts
Authoring a Management Pack by using the Operations Console
Authoring a Management Pack by using the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions
Module 10: Integrating Operations Manager with Other System Center Components
Service Manager Integration
Data Protection Manager Integration
Module 11: Troubleshooting, Tuning and Disaster Recovery
Troubleshooting Operations Manager Core Components
Tuning Management Packs
Configuring SQL AlwaysOn for Operations Manager
Configuring Data Retention in Operations Manager
Disaster Recovery in Operations Manager